Skip to main content
State of Vermont Judiciary
Contact Us
Court Information
External Web
Judicial Community
Legal Information
Public Education
Representing Yourself
You are here ► State of Vermont Judiciary > Court Information > Family Division 
Go Search


Family Division

Military Activation and Deployment Information

Windham District/Family Courthouse

Attention Recently Activated/Deployed Military Personnel:

Do you have a child support order or another Family Division Order for Parental Rights and Responsibilities (custody) or Parent-Child Contact (visitation)?

The Vermont Superior Court, Family Division realizes that you, or the parent of your children, may have been called to active duty, both at home and abroad. Often there is not much time for you to get your affairs in order before deployment.

If you have an existing Child Support Order, or an Order concerning custody or visitation with your children,you may want to review these documents and request modification as needed in taking the appropriate steps to care for your children.

You may also want to Establish Child Support payments for your children or establish Parentage of your children in order to have them qualify for benefits. Those forms are also available on line or at your local Family Division.

You may download a packet of forms you will need to file with the court or you may request them at the Courthouse.

It’s also advisable that you do the following before you leave:

  • Leave a contact name with your family (and give that name to the court staff as well), as well as the name of your Commanding Officer.

  • Become familiar with the Soldiers and Sailor's Civil Relief Act

There are other useful links and information below that may assist you during this transition: