Electronic Filing in the new system called Odyssey File and Serve ("OFS") will begin in Addison, Bennington, Chittenden, and Rutland trial courts and the Environmental Division on October 19, 2020. Attorneys and state agencies will be required to e-file all filings in all divisions for new cases as well as subsequent filings for all existing cases. If you are a self-represented filer, you have the option of e-filing or paper filing. However, if you begin e-filing into a case, you must continue to e-file for the duration of your case, per the Vermont Rules of Electronic Filing.
The Orange, Windham, and Windsor trial courts and Judicial Bureau began efiling through OFS in April 2020.
Before filing documents please be sure to do the following:
- Register for e-filing (to submit documents to the court) https://vermont.tylerhost.net/ofsweb
- Register and participate in a Tyler e-filing instructional webinar (Webinars and other resources available for both filers and administrative staff)
- Review the Vermont eFiling General Policy and Procedure Guide:
Please Note – OFS is hosted by Tyler Technologies, which provides primary customer support to users. Court staff have only a limited ability to assist with e-filing questions and problems. For assistance:
- Please see the Tyler OFS guide and resources
- Note the contact information of Tyler Technology's e-filing support desk:
To VIEW your case details and documents, you must: